Monday, July 13, 2009

Things that annoy me..

So we have a playdate every week and we usually have great conversations but the other day we had one that bothered me. We were talking about TV shows. I let P watch Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Zach and Cody. She is 4 and the other girls we play with are 3. They said they don't let their kids watch "those kind of shows". Therefore saying why the h e double hockey sticks do you let your daughter watch anything but Backyardigans!!! It frustrates me that people want to put their two cents in where I don't need it! I don't see anything wrong with P watching the shows she sees. I have watched several shows with her and they all teach a lesson on being a good honest person. She is a year older than the rest of the lil girls. Maybe they will see a it different next summer. P will always do things before them. The cartoons are really to shall I say "young" for her. she is over the backyardigans. She went through that phase last year. Don't get me wrong she watches Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny and others but she really prefers HM, WWP and ZC.

Why do I let myself get all annoyed with this. I just hate when some people think they are better parents than me. When I know I love and give great care to my beauties. I guess this is part of parenting I need to work on!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that as parents we all kinda get a little aggrevated and second guess ourselves. If you're comfortable letting her watch those shows then let her. You're her mom and know your kid better than anyone else.